About Blue Star WV
Mission and Purpose
Blue Star WV (BSWV)
is committed to its focus of grassroots development of athletics and academics.
Our programs consists of camps and clinics,
, tournaments, youth leagues,
player and team rankings, and player evaluations.
All of these programs are focused on the development of our youth on and off the
The BSWV is a grassroots organization that recognizes the changing landscape of sports that has become global in nature. BSWV works with player(s) individually as well as in a team setting to provide instruction, competition, and values to improve their skills and character to be the best player and person they can be.
Mission: To instill traits and characteristics for players to become leaders in sports, education, and the community, by providing guidance and mentorship to our families, players, and coaches.
The BSWV will achieve this mission by:
- Providing our players with positive role models
- By providing our players with a solid foundation that they can depend upon
- Training each of our players the same
- Helping our players formulate a plan to develop their skills and to enhance their abilities
- Providing our players with guidance on and off the playing field
- Providing our with the best opportunities to display and showcase their talents
- Providing our players with guidance towards their educational pursuits
- Providing our players with a structure that will increase their self-esteem and confidence for today and their future
Board MembersJ.D. Lambert, Director
Brian Nabors, Director
Patty Adams, Secretary
Tiffany Moore, Finance Committee
Blue Star WV (BSWV)
focuses on providing all its players the same training no matter the position, no matter the size. We firmly believe
that every player must focus on their fundamental skill development to obtain their goal. With Blue Star WV,
you will find that we not only work on skill development, but we zone in on mental focus, intensity, and work ethic to create a complete package within your child.
- Ball Handling
- Basketball IQ and Focus
- Endurance, Balance, and Stength
- Defensive Positioning
- Footwork and Agility
- Physical Skills (Quickness, Jumping, and Core Strength)
WE WORK TOGETHER.... All of our coaches and trainers meet with and consult each other to create a concerted effort to assist each and every player improve daily. On any given day, at any practice or training session, you may see any number of our coaches in attendance to work with your child.
GUIDED EXPERIENCE AND CONTINUED LEARNING.... During your time with us, our coaches will pass on their years of playing and coaching experiences down to your child. Our coaches have either higher level playing or over 10 years of coaching at the local youth level, middle and high school, and college.
Our Blue Star WV coaches are available for individual workouts for your son or daughter.
Coaches set their own rates, so please contact them for their rates and availability.
Please visit our Training page, for more information.